Steampunk movement - 1ESB ALMA
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Steampunk movement - 1ESB ALMA

Take part in the forum in order to complete your final task for the chapter "Is progress irresistible?"

Le Deal du moment :
Cartes Pokémon 151 : où trouver le ...
Voir le deal

Vous n'êtes pas connecté. Connectez-vous ou enregistrez-vous

Returning to a traditionnal way of life would make people happier

Aller en bas  Message [Page 1 sur 1]

gestour

I think that answer to this question is a real challenge! Since a few years, progress has changed the world. Our life is really different than the one of our ancestors. At the present time, we are invaded by the new technologies.
First, I would like to say that the appearance of new ways to communicate (smart phones) allowed the creation of some software’s which simplify our lives. To justify my argument, I can give you an example of the Sharing Economy which works on the principle of access versus ownership: Airbnb. You can use it very easily with your computer or your smartphone. It’s the perfect solution to travel when you don’t have enough money to go to the hotel especially during economy crisis. You can also meet people and create more relationships than if you were going to the hotel. Another obvious advantage is that you can communicate with every people all around the world at any day and any hours (if there aren’t any technical problems Wink. So if you live far from your family or friends, new technologies are so convenient!
However in our society, and particularly because of social networks, relationships became “false”. For example, you can see that in the restaurant, people “talk” more with their phones than with their friends! It’s so sad but it’s the reality. We are isolated from the others. That’s why some hotels proposed a “digital detox” and some websites an “unplogging day”.  Secondly, our society is characterized by high consumption. Therefore, money has a lot of influence in our lives. If you don’t have enough of it, you can easily be excluded. This phenomenon already existed in the past, but it was accentuated by the new technologies which make us more and more exposed to advertising.
To conclude, I think that our society is totally different than in the past. We can’t really compare it to another. Our lifestyle has advantages and disadvantages. Sometimes you can think that return to a traditional way of life would make people happier and more cohesive. But in your daily life, you’re very happy to use new technologies for anything. Finally, everybody will answer to this question differently.
PS: I don’t know if you know the Steampunks but their opinions on our society are very interesting. I encourage you to educate yourself on this subject.

Revenir en haut  Message [Page 1 sur 1]