Steampunk movement - 1ESB ALMA
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Steampunk movement - 1ESB ALMA

Take part in the forum in order to complete your final task for the chapter "Is progress irresistible?"

Le Deal du moment :
Display Star Wars Unlimited Ombres de la Galaxie : ...
Voir le deal

Vous n'êtes pas connecté. Connectez-vous ou enregistrez-vous

Returning to a traditional way of life would definitely not make people happier.

Aller en bas  Message [Page 1 sur 1]

mgroesser

For me, it is not even a question. The advances we’ve made in all domains do not deserve this. We’ve accomplished so many things. We earned so many consciences from the past and we are certainly not going to change our way of thinking. Let me explain you why.

Physically speaking, we cannot return to another period. I’m wondering how you can convince most of the people of this world to let their modern traditions away and adopt the old way of living. With all skyscrapers we’ve build, it is impossible to create a traditional city in the middle of those big cities.

Since the end of WW II, we’ve gained so many methods and created new jobs. Either if it is for the working class or the high class such as traders in stock markets. Ever wondered what those persons are going to practice in this “traditional” world?

Is happiness really one thing we need in our time? Personally speaking, I live in one of the most beautiful city in the world, in an era that I really appreciate and I’m not looking for more happiness.

I was born in a world where technology takes it over. We are constantly on our new gadgets and we like it. I then don’t know why we would like to return in the past. Imagine how a teenager would live when he gets in the middle of nowhere, without anything from his period. I’m sure our previous generations do not think the same way I do. We are in a breakthrough period. We find solutions to problems. The evolution of our thinking never took a speed like this ever before. We absolutely do not have to go back in a traditional way. We live in a distinguished, invaluable and remarkable world.

Revenir en haut  Message [Page 1 sur 1]