Steampunk movement - 1ESB ALMA
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Steampunk movement - 1ESB ALMA

Take part in the forum in order to complete your final task for the chapter "Is progress irresistible?"

-21%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
LEGO® Icons 10329 Les Plantes Miniatures, Collection Botanique
39.59 € 49.99 €
Voir le deal

Vous n'êtes pas connecté. Connectez-vous ou enregistrez-vous

Returning to a traditional way of life would make people happier

Aller en bas  Message [Page 1 sur 1]

aaymard

I believe that “Returning to a traditional way of life would make people happier”. cheers

According to me, this sentence means that adopting a traditional lifestyle will helps to improve nowadays society by making people happier than today. In our actual society, I think loads of people live through their screens, and are more (and unconsciously) focused on appearance than real things like hobbies, people,… I also uphold that hobbies and people such as our families contribute a lot in our level of happiness. A technology-addict is maybe going to isolate himself, while, as we can see with people who take part of the steampunk movement which is based on the Victorian era, men and women who go out, develop connections with others, are maybe going to live a richer life. But it’s only a feeling, and I’m making a generality that is not always reflecting the reality. Also, I think that the need of creating movements based on the old lifestyles (such as the Steampunk movement) prove that thousands of people prefer living a traditional way of life. In spite of my words, my brother says that “today, we made a lot of scientific progress. If we return to a traditional way of life, we would die at 60 years old.” I obviously agree with him. Also, I don’t ask to forsaken all the progress made all over the 20th and the 21st century, but maybe we can all be careful about the use we make of the technologies to don’t let them ruin our lives.

Alix Aymard

Revenir en haut  Message [Page 1 sur 1]