Steampunk movement - 1ESB ALMA
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Steampunk movement - 1ESB ALMA

Take part in the forum in order to complete your final task for the chapter "Is progress irresistible?"

Le Deal du moment : -29%
PC portable – MEDION 15,6″ FHD Intel i7 ...
Voir le deal
499.99 €

Vous n'êtes pas connecté. Connectez-vous ou enregistrez-vous

STEAM PUNK SUMMARY

+12
gestour
p.izabelle
taubrun
nteillard
cassandre henault
liv_lwnstn
P.vivier
jmbody
jauzelle
gdewailly
augustinchaix
ufranchini
16 participants

Aller en bas  Message [Page 1 sur 1]

1STEAM PUNK SUMMARY Empty STEAM PUNK SUMMARY Jeu 25 Fév - 12:54

ufranchini

This movement is inspired by the Victorian industrial era. It representes the future (post acopolips) based on Victorian era technologies. You can see this in computer games and recent films (BIO HAZARD, STEAM BOY), I believe that this movement stems from a post goth inspired sub culture unhappy with present day. One of the first examples of this genre is the book twenty thousand leagues under the sea where you come across the nautilus submarine which has technology far ahead of its time. Because of the media appetite for the movement it has attracted a large following.

2STEAM PUNK SUMMARY Empty Re: STEAM PUNK SUMMARY Jeu 25 Fév - 16:27

augustinchaix

Steampunk movement is quite interesting because it refers to the past and precisely to the Victorian Era. Nowadays, all the peolple think about the future, the news technologies and lifestyles in the future as the new ways of communication , new transports and avoid climate changes. But by being in the past, with traditional costumes of the indusrial revolution, and traditional ceremonies as manifesations and event, the steampunk movement can create a nostalgy of the past, in fact it's a form of escape for somebody !
Augustin Chaix

3STEAM PUNK SUMMARY Empty Re: STEAM PUNK SUMMARY Jeu 25 Fév - 18:09

gdewailly

Hi,
From my point of view, Steampunk is a design style which utilizes mechanical parts, metal and historical dress directly inspired by the machines and workers of the industrial revolution. Anyway, I find this movement very interesting, and if you ask me why, I will not be able to formulate a satisfactory answer, but I nevertheless will try Smile , the part of the steampunk that i'm most attracted to is the imagination ! It's all about a fantasy victorian science-fiction world where anything is possible.Where else could you find a world which mixes the future and the past ? I do not belong to this movement but you know, I have the feeling that it is a completely different world where anything can occur! I hope that i am not the only one to think that way Very Happy

4STEAM PUNK SUMMARY Empty Re: STEAM PUNK SUMMARY Dim 28 Fév - 12:14

jauzelle

First off all, supporters of this movement are disconnected and lost between two world and two instances in time: the past and the future. They are completely in love with an imaginary world and universe. But it depends of the vision of everyone, in other side, they are precursor and futuristic who want to change the society in a good way and advance the science mixing the new technology of the nineteen century and their imaginary like arm plasma, laser naive and carcasses of nuclear cars. They think that the world cannot progress thanks to progress and the progress is an important factor for the future. That’s why they are attached to the notion of the progress. I nevertheless think that this movement is extraordinary in his way to think and to have this vision of the world because as Garance said, almost all in this movement doesn’t exist.

jmbody

Hello ! I totally agree with what "gdewailly" said !
According to me, steampunk movement is a good thing for comics-lovers, electronics games-lovers and history-lovers just as cosplay. I think that this is a good way to find people like them, who share the same passion. I am not a Steam Punk but I find these people really interesting. For me, arrive to represent its passion is an admirable thing and I also find these persons very cool but this is just my opinion because I really love different people, who assume what they want to do/what they love. I don't think the fact to be "disconnected and lost between two worlds" is a problem as "jauzelle" said because members of the Steam Punk want to advance society and this can just be positive.

6STEAM PUNK SUMMARY Empty Re: STEAM PUNK SUMMARY Sam 5 Mar - 14:01

P.vivier

Hello,
First, this movement is inspired by the Victorian Era. The people wears clothes inspired by the industrial revolution and the working class.
I’m not totaly agree with augustinchaix, today a few persons think about the future, the new technologies, the new phones, computers…But today we can see that young people tend to return to the past, the Vintage has taken an important place in our society. So this movement represents our society because it is inspired by the past and I find this movement very interesting because it also allows people to show their passion and I like people who are different and who assume that they are.

7STEAM PUNK SUMMARY Empty Re: STEAM PUNK SUMMARY Dim 6 Mar - 18:56

liv_lwnstn

Hello!
The Steam punk movement is inspired by the Victorian era but it’s based on a non-existent world however it finds it’s roots in the 19th century.
Steam Punk means the one who is rebels against the society. Here, the Steam punk movement designs people who are for the steam technology and mechanics, leaving aside the technology based on oil or nuclear electricity. And I find an interesting and very cool project because today we live every day with materials such as the oil and we would be robots if we get dressed any such!
I don’t think that I will, one day, find myself in a Steam punk meeting but I find that it is interesting intellectually to find it self together around a cause that we feel strongly for (the same passion). I think, that the Steam punk movement allows people who have the same passion to exchange and to share a way of life and to recognize each other by wearing clothes that are different from those one would wear in the daily life.
liv_lwnstn

8STEAM PUNK SUMMARY Empty Re: STEAM PUNK SUMMARY Dim 6 Mar - 20:02

cassandre henault

Hi,
Steampunk has existed since the 19th century. It is a sery where the people use old technology, steam powered machinery, rather than advanced technology. We can say that this is a victorian science fiction.
I think that it is interesting because we don't forget where we are coming from.
This is not the kind of sery that i watch but i still think that it's nice to see a different lifestyle than everyday life.
cassandre henault

9STEAM PUNK SUMMARY Empty Re: STEAM PUNK SUMMARY Dim 6 Mar - 21:33

nteillard

Hello,
I think what Juliette said is right. Steampunk is a movement that mixes both progress and particularity of our time. People in our society follow conventions and norms. We are attracted towards the progress, science, new technology, and phones too. We are worried about the future and what are going to be the consequences of progress. But I think this movement is inspired by the imaginary and the science fiction, which is different from our vision of progress. Means to defend this movement is very respectful, supporters dress in a special way in order to follow their conviction and to assume their choices.

10STEAM PUNK SUMMARY Empty Re: STEAM PUNK SUMMARY Lun 7 Mar - 20:14

taubrun

hello,
First of all, the steampunk movement is inspired by the 19th century more precisely by the Victorian era. The streampunks wear old fashioned clothes that come from the indutrial revolution but, They take their inspiration from the imagination of the novels of Jules Verne, Hg Wells and Mary Shellay. At first sight, we can imagine a movement made of nostalgic people who refuse the progress.
I'm not a steampunk (I'm not eccentric enough), but I understand this movement. They don't want to be disconected or in a rebellion, I think they want to enjoy. But it's only my opinion, because my knowledge on this subject is limited.

11STEAM PUNK SUMMARY Empty Re: STEAM PUNK SUMMARY Lun 7 Mar - 21:36

p.izabelle

Hi !
For me being a steampunk is a way of life. They believe in the past and use some of the Victorian era to incorporate in the present in the mind of build a bright future. They are polite and they take care of the others and of the environnement. I say that because they use no cars and prefer bycicles or they don't use the nuclear energy to light their houses, they use more energy like gas or oil. They don't wear everytime stempunk's clothes but for the events or when they do exhibitions. But also when they want. So I think the steampunk movement is great and ecologic.
Bye !

12STEAM PUNK SUMMARY Empty Re: STEAM PUNK SUMMARY Lun 7 Mar - 21:44

gestour

First, I’m not considering myself as a member of this movement inspired by the Victorian Era but I’m seriously thinking about it. I love this “community” for many reasons. First, it develops the sense of creativity. In our actual society, there isn’t any originality: everybody wears the same clothes, wants the same thing... It’s really depressing! Of course, Steampunks have common points but they are all different! For example, women wear dresses but more or less long, with or without lace, red or black...according to their social classes and preferences. Another thing that I like in this movement is that nobody judges you! You can do what you want, wear the clothes you liked without the apprehension of each other’s judgment. Finally, I’ve been one time at the Asylum and I feel the fraternity between the members. I think that every experience is interesting so I just can encourage you to enter into this incredible world.

13STEAM PUNK SUMMARY Empty Re: STEAM PUNK SUMMARY Lun 7 Mar - 23:15

amartino

Hi guys!
For me, the steampunk movement is very inspiring because it's all about a different world. People who take part to that movement are interesting because they want to enhance good values as elegance, respect for the past... I think there is a very romantic side in that movement because members are idealizing the industrial era of the 19th century. I also like the way they dress because it's very sophisticated and original! The steampunk movement has been very successful these past few years for example through movies ! So if you haven't joined that amazing movement yet, what are you waiting for ?
xoxo

14STEAM PUNK SUMMARY Empty Re: STEAM PUNK SUMMARY Mar 8 Mar - 0:04

misyschwart

Hi !
In my opinion, I think that the Steam Pumk movement is in the first time an artistic movement. Steam punks have reached to combine old and future. By their costumes, we can clearly see that workers from the Victorean Era have a direct impact on them ( top hats, pocket watches, googles etc ...) . Moreover, the presence of steel and mechanisms show us their imagination and their dreams. It is not a surprise that many film directors or writer have been inspired by this movement. We can remember Hugo Cabret of Scorsese or the French author Jules Verne.
The steam punk movement is a world where all is possible, based on historical events, with the invention of the steam machine, putting aside the world of today, sick of oil, electricity and climatic dramas.
In brief, the steampunk movement is a place where you feel free and where people celebrate the Victorean era, based on art and imagination.

15STEAM PUNK SUMMARY Empty Re: STEAM PUNK SUMMARY Mar 8 Mar - 22:04

pdosne

Hello every one !!!!!!!!
First what is the steampunk movement ? The steampunk is a movement who mix the fashion style of the industrial revolution or the Vectoria era and science fictions ideas .
I like this movement because it’s mixing a period I like because of the costumes and the lifestyle in London during the XIX century. It’s a movment who makes you dream and imagines new things inspired by the past. This idea of mixing two really different styles inspired many of video games I like : The Order, Empire of steel or Final fantasy and a famous bitish serie Doctor Who !
For me this movement is fascinating because it’s make people imagines really uncommon things and regroup peoples who have the same way of thinking and the same way of living ! But it’s not a boring movement at all because if you just see one of there costumes with goggles, leather jackets, impressive armors or laser guns you will understand how crazy are these people !

I hope my short description of this movement will help you !

16STEAM PUNK SUMMARY Empty Re: STEAM PUNK SUMMARY Mar 8 Mar - 22:15

MayeuldeDurat

For me, the steampunk movement is a way to live, to think. The steampunk movement is inspired of the Victorian industrial era. Steampunks are dressed with old and future clothes, and more exactly as the people of the Victorian industrial era thought that people in the future would be dressed. They have clothes made of leather and of web which look generally like people from the Victorian industrial era.
To look like a real steampunk they have to wear something wich look futuristic, like jetpacks or guns. Those futuristics elements seem to be made of copper, or of steel.
But steampunks do not always respect thoses limitations, and there are exceptions. For example, Fans of a movie that like the movement can change the costume of one of the characters in the movie to make it resembling to the steampunk style. Finally, the steampunk movement is a way to be free, to be different.
Mayeul de Durat

Contenu sponsorisé

Revenir en haut  Message [Page 1 sur 1]